Page 1 of 2

Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:28 am
by nicop
Hi, I'd like to begin to use LS with SFZ patches in my gigs, but to achieve this goal I have to wait until some opcodes will be implemented.
The opcodes are: offset, and a basic LFO implementation(lfoN_freq, lfoN_wave, lfoN_pan, lfoN_cutoff, lfoN_resonance).
I want to make a donation to support the LS's development and the new server host, so let me know how much I have to add for these opcodes.

thank you

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:13 pm
by nicop
donation done

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:53 pm
by grishata
Hi nicop,
Thank you very much for you donation and sorry for the late response!

I've just implemented the offset opcode. Please, give it a try and let me know if it is not working as expected.
I'll try to implement the other opcodes, too.

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:13 pm
by nicop
grishata wrote:I've just implemented the offset opcode. Please, give it a try and let me know if it is not working as expected.
I'll try to implement the other opcodes, too.


Today I tested (a little) the offset opcode and it seems to work without problems, maybe in the weekend I'll test it deeper.
For the other opcodes, I sent you and Andreas a PM about them, let me know what do you think about it.

Thanks again for developing such a powerful tool :)

Nicola

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 pm
by grishata
Hi Nicola,
I've just implemented the opcodes lfoN_delay, lfoN_freq, lfoN_pan, lfoN_cutoff, lfoN_resonance. Note that the last four commits include a lot of changes, so the code should be considered experimental. Let me know if you find any bugs.

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:08 pm
by grishata
I've just implemented and the last one - lfoN_wave with the following options:
0: triangle
1: sine
2: pulse 75%
3: square (pulse 50%)
4: pulse 25%
5: pulse 12.5%
6: saw up
7: saw down

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:37 am
by nicop
Many thanks to Grigor! Now I can start using my library with LS :-)
I tested the opcodes and, for what I was able to check and understand, there are no problems.

I notice that the LFO's value is being reset on every "note on": If I play a note with a drum sound (like a hi-hat) with a lfoN_pan, I hear the same panning every time I play that note.
it is possible to not reset it? Or to not stop the LFO after the "note off"? So each time I play that note I'll hear a different panning for that sound.

thanks!

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:04 pm
by grishata
nicop wrote:Many thanks to Grigor! Now I can start using my library with LS :-)


You are welcome.

nicop wrote:I notice that the LFO's value is being reset on every "note on": If I play a note with a drum sound (like a hi-hat) with a lfoN_pan, I hear the same panning every time I play that note.


I think this is the expected behavior, right?

nicop wrote:it is possible to not reset it? Or to not stop the LFO after the "note off"? So each time I play that note I'll hear a different panning for that sound.


The LFO is part of the voice - it is triggered when the voice is triggered and is stopped when the voice is killed. I'm not sure exactly what behavior you are trying to achieve. Is there an existing opcode for that? If I understand you right you want to be able to specify the initial phase of the LFO (lfoN_phase - Sets the initial phase of the LFO N /0 to 360 degrees/) to be randomly chosen by the sampler for every voice (on every note on event) - maybe a new opcode like lfoN_phase_random? Or do you want the phase to be dynamically changed for every note on in a specific way?

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:24 pm
by nicop
grishata wrote:I think this is the expected behavior, right?

Yes ;)

grishata wrote:Or do you want the phase to be dynamically changed for every note on in a specific way?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to achieve.
I'm thinking of a LFO that runs indipendently and feeds the instrument's parameters.
I searched in the LS SFZ Reference, and maybe the only way to do that, is to implement lfoN_phase_onccX , so I can send a midi cc to LS with an external program.

Re: Offset and LFO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:32 pm
by grishata
I've just implemented lfoN_phase and lfoN_phase_onccX.