Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - CC-licensed sample library

The market is big, the differences among libraries, too. Discuss which libraries are your digital gold, and which ones are better left in stores.
West

Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - CC-licensed sample library

Post by West » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:43 pm

I have released a CC-licensed orchestral library called Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, maybe some people here might find it interesting.

It's in sfz format though, not giga. If anyone tries the library out with a sfz-capable version of LS, please let me know how (if?) it works.

dakylla
User

Re: Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra - CC-licensed sample library

Post by dakylla » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:41 am

hi man,

i would like to give that library a run.
It is almost impossible to download it due to the fact there are no peers. I've been trying for the last 2 days without success
I would like to offert some storage on my personnal web space. It could be useful to offer some megaupload/rapidshare acces too.
what do you think ?

West

Post by West » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:14 am

Hey dakylla. I'm pretty sure that there's some problem on your end because as I'm typing this, utorrent show 45 seeds and 129 peers. What bittorrent client are you using?

As for alternative downloads, there's a http download available here:

http://tutorialsforreaper.com/wp-conten ... amples.zip

I will not however distribute the library via rapidshare or similar filesharing sites. Why should they make money from material that I'm offering for free?

dakylla
User

Post by dakylla » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:47 pm

ok, i got the file by one of reaper's user ddl link.
my client is transmission (gnome) by the way.
i'll give the lib a run tonight

thx man ;)

West

Post by West » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:15 am

Due to a mishap with the domain registration (I missed that it was time to renew it, now it has expired and can't be registered again for up to 90 days) the SSO site can now be found at sso.mattiaswestlund.net. So please update your bookmarks and thanks for your patience.

Radio

Post by Radio » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:34 pm

This is very good, thanks! :D

Alex

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am

West, nice job. As a long time user of sf2's before i bought some nice gig libraries, i still have a nostalgic moment every now and then for the "old" methods, but SFZ succeeds where sf2 doesn't, as a format.

Great to see Sonatina up and running, and i would hope LS users will enjoy using this lib set, and feed back any opcode info to Andreas, should challenges arise.
(An opcode that comes up in a message as unsupported at the moment in an LS terminal, is "ampeg_vel2attack", as an example)

Just a note for Linux users, i've found a couple of SFZ's that don't play, as a result of upper and lower case in the file paths being undefined, or wrong. (Linux being sensitive to Case, and other OS's not so). It only takes a moment to check and repair this with a decent text editor, and "find and replace".

Thanks again West, a highly useful and modestly sized orchestral lib that punches above it's weight,

Alex.

p.s. 2 opcodes tested for, but come up not implemented yet:

ampeg_vel2attack
offset

Ghekorg7

Post by Ghekorg7 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:35 am

West ,
THANK you for a great orchestra and for the sfz format.

It works great here on win7 64bit with LS inside Reaper.

Cheers !
Panos

duis

Post by duis » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:53 pm

It sounds great. Keep up the good work.

Markus3000

Post by Markus3000 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Hi there

I am working with the SSO on Debian-Linux with the LinuxSampler and it works fine, but ... i found some "errors" in the sfz-files. Mostly the range of instruments are too small. E.g.: a professional bassoon-player can play the g#5 (german: gis'' // zweigestrichenes gis) and the sfz goes just to the d5 (german: d''). And a "b" was missing, I edited it in the sfz, and now it works fine.

I am searching for a tutorial, how to edit sfz-files, bit didn´t find any. I don´t want to use a gui, I want to edit the textfile directly. Any Links?

Greetings!

PS I´m editing some sfz-files for getting more notes / in sime ranges better sound. If you are interested in my edited sfz-files, just send me a pm or answer in this thread.