Millo GM Drum Kit

The market is big, the differences among libraries, too. Discuss which libraries are your digital gold, and which ones are better left in stores.
dahnielson

Millo GM Drum Kit

Post by dahnielson » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:19 pm

Millo GM Drum Kit

This is a tiny (2.3 MB) acoustic drum kit built using samples from Hydrogen's Millo MultiLayer3 drum kit. The GIG contain both the complete kit and individual drums as instruments mapped according to the General MIDI Drum Map. The complete kit is properly panned while the individual drums are intended to be loaded into sample channels and mixed in your DAW.

N.B.: I find the hihat to be a bit wonky, especially the open hihat. For a proper free kit see G&S Custom Works (which you have to map yourself since I can't legally distribute my GIGs of it).
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

flameboy

Re: Millo GM Drum Kit

Post by flameboy » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:33 am

Thanks for that. The Millo drums are the ones I use most often out of the hydrogen kits. Millo drums V1 is also good. I look forward to trying the G&S Custom Works, I have just downloaded it and listened to a few of the samples and it sounds good. I just need to map it now.

On the subject of hydrogen drum kits, I found one lately that I have not used before. It is a kit with quite a lot of percussive stuff (bongos and cowbells etc.). It is called Bateria-Percusion-Movemento and can be downloaded from here.

josander

Post by josander » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:08 pm

The complete kit is properly panned while the individual drums are intended to be loaded into sample channels and mixed in your DAW.
Can this way of building kits be done with gigabyte kits such as Natural Drum's NDK as well, or will the memory usage be expanded with the weight of the kit every time one makes a new sampler channel in order to output an individual drum item?

Jostein
Ardour, Rosegarden, Linuxsampler, misc. DSSI & LADSPA and LV2 plugins, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Edirol PCR-800, 8GB RAM AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, Ubuntu Studio

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:51 pm

josander wrote:
The complete kit is properly panned while the individual drums are intended to be loaded into sample channels and mixed in your DAW.
Can this way of building kits be done with gigabyte kits such as Natural Drum's NDK as well, or will the memory usage be expanded with the weight of the kit every time one makes a new sampler channel in order to output an individual drum item?
Sure it can be done. That's what LinuxSampler does best. And no the memory usage doesn't expand with the weight of the kit. If a sample is already loaded, it's loaded and shared between sample channels.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

josander

Post by josander » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:02 am

dahnielson wrote:Re: Millo GM Drum Kit
Post by dahnielson on Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:51 pm

Sure it can be done. That's what LinuxSampler does best. And no the memory usage doesn't expand with the weight of the kit. If a sample is already loaded, it's loaded and shared between sample channels.
Thanks, this is excellent! :-) Now, I just have to figure out the pilosophy regarding dimesions. And so on.

Jostein
Ardour, Rosegarden, Linuxsampler, misc. DSSI & LADSPA and LV2 plugins, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Edirol PCR-800, 8GB RAM AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, Ubuntu Studio

dakylla
User

Post by dakylla » Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:01 pm

hi,
Dahnielson, would it be possible to you to send me the G&S Custom Works in GM compatible GIG please ?
i have the samples, but i never used gigedit before

konsumer

Post by konsumer » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Here is all the Hydrogen drumkits I could find, including the 2 milo kits:

http://code.google.com/p/hydro2sf2/down ... umkits.gig