FS Collection (new gig samples)

The market is big, the differences among libraries, too. Discuss which libraries are your digital gold, and which ones are better left in stores.
Ghekorg7

Re: FS Collection (new gig samples)

Post by Ghekorg7 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm

Snowie wrote:Hi all, im new here, but this site has dissapeared. Where can i fin the guitar samples now???
Hallo Snowie,
You're right, I had the old Flamestudios page saved for easy revisit, I opened it ok (ha ha) but when I selected the Gig files I went to the same page noe one can see..... games , poker ect.... tsk tsk.

I got some of them stored, but not use them anymore, many problems.... most of them not properly tuned, ie you play the bass E and one oct up is out of tune or so and in some samples there are recorded noises from the taker's environtment.... especially if you play a chord and leave it fade away.

You can find better gig samples in GigaSamples website (free) by John Griffin (former worra's place) along with other goodies, John did a great work collecting and/or creating.
Also the guitars included into Crisis GM made as gig (see relavent post here) are far better to use.

There is a general drop down for giga samples nowadays in favor of other formats, indeed. LS in Linux OS has the sfz engine option and this lifts off LS to a far greater area of quality libraries. I hope we can have this sfz engine option in win7 OS soon.

I also did some gig translations of some good instruments from other formats and planning to upload for all here to enjoy and add to their libraries. Stay tuned , I'm workin' on gettin' my site together.

Crisis GM library in gig format and John Griffin's place, are the best solution for a ready to use non homemade (ours with gig edit) sourse of instuments for LS on windows systems (gig Crisis is far better than the original sf2 one)

Have fun !
Panos

flameboy

Post by flameboy » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Unfortunately I kept getting problems with the web host. At this moment you can get the fs1 pack (which is mostly acoustic guitars) from the livestyler site as he was kind enough to mirror them. I am just about to ask if there is space to put them in the samples library here and if I can not for any reason I will put them out as torrents. I will let you know.

As noted by Ghekorg7 the samples are quite raw. This is intentional as it is hard to find samples with a raw and real sound and there are plenty of neat sounding guitars to buy. It is also true that there is background noise on the samples, especially on the tail end of the notes. This was not intentional, it is due to a good mic but noisy pc and neighbourhood. I still find them useful for the raw sounding guitar style I was after (especially with a bit of a virtual amp on the dry electric guitars) and so I figured others may want to use them.

Ghekorg7

Post by Ghekorg7 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:58 am

Hi Flameboy ! :)

Sorry I was hard on critics for your hard work on getting all those guitars and percussion together ! :(
I used them at first, but then they came better ones (for my needs) so I cept my favourite of yours, the blues one, I had to say that into my earlier post.... :roll:
but I was pissed off with these poker adds ect and of course not seeing anymore Flamestudios !.
I kept your percussion set too.
I know what noisy neighbourhood is, here's Athens..... :x
I think you can revisit your work and fix some issues like the tuning, raw sound is good, but I believe is needed a quiet 12str too, for more ambient and easy pieces.
I'm still tryin' to end my work on getting my site full (www.panosvirtual.org), then I can mirror some of your guitars if you need to.

Best regards
Panos

prokoudine

Post by prokoudine » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:34 am

flameboy wrote:Unfortunately I kept getting problems with the web host. At this moment you can get the fs1 pack (which is mostly acoustic guitars) from the livestyler site as he was kind enough to mirror them. I am just about to ask if there is space to put them in the samples library here and if I can not for any reason I will put them out as torrents. I will let you know.
I started sharing FS samples via torrent. Here are the links:

Bass guitars:

FS Ibanez Electric Bass Guitar
FS Washburn Acoustic Bass Guitar
FS Yamaha Electric Bass Guitar

Guitars:

FS Fender Jaguar Electric Both Pick-ups Guitar and Amp GIG
FS Fender Jaguar Electric Guitar Both Pickups Direct In GIG Sample
FS Fender Telecaster Both Pickups and Amp
FS Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar Bridge Pickup Direct In
FS Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar Neck Pickup Direct In
FS Gibson Les Paul Bridge Pick-Up Electric Guitar Direct In
FS Gibson Les Paul Electric Both Pick-ups Guitar and Amp
FS Gibson Les Paul Neck Pick-Up Electric Guitar Direct In
FS Ibanez Steel String Acoustic Guitar with Fender Reverb
FS Seagull Steel String Acoustic Guitar with Fender Reverb

Banjo:

FS Kay 5-String Banjo

There are some more dead links. I'll upload those samples as well.
News and tutorials on free design and photography software

flameboy

Post by flameboy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:14 pm

No problem Ghekorg7, everything you said was true.

Thanks for sharing the samples prokoudine.

I am still meaning to set a regular place for the samples. Hopefully I will get time soon.

flameboy

Post by flameboy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:41 pm

I now have the domain name back and the site is online again. The space and the name are now provided by the same provider and so hopefully I won't have the same problem again.

http://flamestudios.org

Let me know if there are any problems with the site etc.