Rosegarden and Linuxsampler as DSSI-plugin

Things that make the work with LinuxSampler & Co easier, better, faster, louder and more sexy. Including friends like JACK, ALSA, etc.
suedwestlicht

Rosegarden and Linuxsampler as DSSI-plugin

Post by suedwestlicht » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi all,

I use Linuxsampler as a DSSI-Plugin with Rosegarden as follows:

- Start Jackd
- Start Rosegarden
- Setup Rosegarden-tracks with synthesizer plugin "LinuxSampler"
- Start Fantasia

Then I see for each Rosegarden-track with LinuxSampler a Channel in Fantasia. A "MIDI DEVICE 0 (Plugin)" and an "AUDIO DEVICE 0 (Plugin)" is automatically defined. So far so good. But there are 2 problems:

- I cannot choose another engine as GIG. Trying to use SF2 results in "Assigning SF2 engine to channel 0: There is no port1"
- How can I find out and control which Rosegarden track is connected to which engine?

Andreas
Developer

Re: Rosegarden and Linuxsampler as DSSI-plugin

Post by Andreas » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:58 pm

suedwestlicht wrote:I cannot choose another engine as GIG. Trying to use SF2 results in "Assigning SF2 engine to channel 0: There is no port1"
I've tried to fix this now. Please test if it works better with the latest code from svn.
How can I find out and control which Rosegarden track is connected to which engine?
Yes, this is a problem with the DSSI plugin. It doesn't fit very well with Fantasia and our other GUIs. As you've probably also noticed, plugin state isn't saved with the song either. It would work better with a specialized GUI that only shows one channel - that is, one GUI per plugin instance.