fail at installing any component on ubuntu 12.10

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Raphael Poli

fail at installing any component on ubuntu 12.10

Post by Raphael Poli » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:37 pm

Hello.
I first have to bow to that initiative to develop a sampler that could use gig format, which is indeed the most beautyfull sounds for a sampler.
Nevertheless I did not understand a single thing on how to install any of the components of that project. First I don't understand if all the component are necessary, and then if there is a center to that software.
the ubuntu software library has qsampler, but after installing it I could only note that it can't run on its own.
Then When I found the .deb files, I could see the "install" button in the ubuntu software library, but no confirmation message, and on liblscp_0.5.6-1_i386 a pure fail.
I ended up without any piece of software, and a growing impression that a lot of skills are necessary to use open source softwares.
Do you think I'll be able to use qsampler? or linuxsampler? (is linuxsampler the core of it and qsampler only the GUI?)

I tryed again starting with libgig6_3.3.0-1_i386.deb and the ubuntu sotware library gives me a list of a lot of software that should be removed to install it among wich libreoffice, audacity and amsynth... I think this is serious... did I do something wrong??

janflorijn
User

Re: fail at installing any component on ubuntu 12.10

Post by janflorijn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:09 am

see: http://linuxsampler.org/downloads.html
the part: dependencies.
The following figure illustrates the compile time / linker dependencies.

gigedit
|
(mandatory)
|
V
QSampler ~~~(optional)~~~> libgig JSampler
| A |
| | |
(mandatory) (mandatory) (mandatory)
| | |
V | V
liblscp LinuxSampler jlscp