Fantasia's keyboard maps instrument ranges incorrectly

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
The Aviv

Fantasia's keyboard maps instrument ranges incorrectly

Post by The Aviv » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:17 am

JSampler Fantasia's keyboard always shows the range of an instrument an octave lower. Is this a known issue?

For example, given the grand piano of the Sonatina Symphonic Orchestra, the range displayed on the keyboard is C0 to C7. However, the samples range from C1 to C8 (and there are no mistakes in the corresponding SFZ file):

Keys - Grand Piano
  • Fantasia's range: C0-C7
  • samples' range: C1-C8
[I was also wondering how to check the different velocity layers? For example, the SSO grand piano has a velocity layer of 80-127 for f, and another of 0-79 for p. I think JSampler provides the f layer by default (probably because it is listed ahead of the p layer, in the SFZ file). How would I go about changing to the p layer on JSampler, to hear how it sounds?]

I am using version 0.9.

By the way, when trying to access the bugtracker (from bugs.linuxsampler.org), Firefox gives a "This Connection is Untrusted" error, due to an expired certificate.
Last edited by The Aviv on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Aviv

Re: Fantasia's keyboard maps instrument ranges incorrectly

Post by The Aviv » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:05 pm

I was hoping someone would have confirmed this (or pointed out my error) by now, because I find it rather odd that I should be the first user to spot such a mistake. Am I the only one using JSampler? I find the keyboard feature useful for testing and comparing different samples. I don't see the same functionality in QSampler. What is everybody else doing?

The Aviv

Post by The Aviv » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:01 am

I was able to access the bugtracker at bugs.linuxsampler.org/cgi-bin (bypassing the faulty links provided through bugs.linuxsampler.org), and reported the problem as a minor bug.

The links at bugs.linuxsampler.org require updating. I will inform the LinuxSampler dev team.

The Aviv

Post by The Aviv » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:31 am

I received a reply from Christian Schoenebeck. I'm just posting it as a follow-up to my last post:
Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
The Aviv wrote: I'm just letting you know that the links provided at bugs.linuxsampler.org require updating. Firefox gives a "This Connection is Untrusted" error, due to an expired certificate.
Yes, because our SSL certificates have expired and need to be renewed. You just need to accept it as exception in Firefox for now.
The Aviv wrote: The HTTPS should be removed, it is not necessary. I suppose I could simply do it if you provide me with the necessary privileges.
And using unencrypted logins instead? I rather bear with doing 2 clicks in the web browser to ignore the certificate expiration instead of sending logins in plain text.

We currently have to wait for Benno coming back from his holidays, because only he can acquire the new SSL certificates. As soon as he'll be back, we update the SSL certificates, which is pretty easy and fast. But thanks for offering your help!

CU
Christian