Help with installation, please

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
bbarton1169

Help with installation, please

Post by bbarton1169 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 pm

Hi All,

I downloaded all the Linuxsampler files from the linuxsampler.org site and tried installing. It looks like it goes through all the way but the button in Ubuntu Software Center still says "Install" like nothing happened.

I also tried Synaptic and choosing everything I could find for Linuxsampler but I don't see any icons to start it.

Can anyone let me know what I might be doing wrong?

varpa
User

Re: Help with installation, please

Post by varpa » Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:39 pm

If you use Ubuntu I recommend installing linuxsampler (and other music software) from the kxstudio repositories: http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/

Raphael Poli

Post by Raphael Poli » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Can you be more exhaustive on what you mean by that Varpa? I looked up the site and don't see any relation: linux sampler is not listed in the application page...

varpa
User

Post by varpa » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 pm

The applications you see listed on kxstudio are just ones developed specifically for kxstudio. The kxstudio ppas have many linux audio applications, such as linuxsampler. My general advice for doing audio on Linux is to use a specialized audio distribution such as kxstudio, ubuntustudio, dreamstudio (all ubuntu-based) or AVLinux (and there are others). As I mentioned the kxstudio ppa can be used by any Ubuntu distro. True, any linux can be used for audio, but you'll saourve yourself a lot of trouble compiling and optimizing your system by using an audio-oriented distro.

Raphael Poli

Post by Raphael Poli » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanks for your reply Varpa. If I understand well we need to install another software, that would set our computer to fit audio needs? is that a sort of operating system or driver? I downloaded cadence from the site you indicate, extracted it to a folder, but could not run any of the icons by double clicking them... Is there something to know about how to install software without the software library or the apt-get command?

Raphael Poli

Post by Raphael Poli » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:41 pm

Now I started the download of the iso containing kxstudio. Is there an equivalent to daemon tools under windows?

Raphael Poli

Post by Raphael Poli » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:06 pm

I don't know if something was changed but I made it with the installation.

janflorijn
User

Post by janflorijn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Hi,

Does your problem still exist?

Kind regards,

JanFlorijn