"Updating channels" "There are 3 pending tasks..."

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
richterscale

"Updating channels" "There are 3 pending tasks..."

Post by richterscale » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Hi there. First of all: Happy new year!!
Now my problem: A few weeks ago I created an orchestral template in Cubase 6 Elements. It took me hours to tweak everything.
It uses four instances of LinuxSampler. Everything worked fine.
Today when I opened this project everything loaded up and I could choose my instrument tracks in Cubase and I could play midi via my keyboard, the sounds were there, but when the LinuxSampler interface opened it only showed: "Updating channels"
But this message stays there forever. When I press Cancel it says: "There are *random number* pending tasks. Do you really want to cancel?" and I can choose between yes and no.
I have no idea what happened and what I can do.
I tried the latest version of LinuxSampler and I tried the version I had installed when I created the template but it didn't make a difference.
I hope someone can solve my problems because I need to use LinuxSampler because of its multi-out. Cubase Elements doesn't allow enough vst-instruments.

Thanks, have a nice day. Tobias
Last edited by richterscale on Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

richterscale

kind of solved... :D

Post by richterscale » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:49 pm

Well...this is strange.
After trying many things I gave up and posted my problem here but then I had another idea. I downloaded the classic interface (windows installer includes only fantasia). I put it in LinuxSamplers directory, deleted fantasia-0.9.jar and renamed the classic file to fantasia-0.9.jar.
When I started Cubase and loaded my template this time it worked immediately.
I am no programmer so I have no idea what happened but maybe it helps to know that this problem occurs with fantasia interface.
I don't really like the classic interface, it looks and feels cluttered, so it would be nice if someone could fix this soon.

So, perhaps I could help someone else with the same problem :D

Have a nice day ;)