How to work with many gig files

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
The_Oscar

How to work with many gig files

Post by The_Oscar » Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi I have a quite strange problem with the Sampler. I'm trying to use it to open 112 gb of Orchestral sounds with a win 7 computer [i7 2600k]. I charged all the sounds in the library, but when I open one of them, it dosn't work at all. No sounds, nothing soundso when I hit all the notes of the keyboard. Looking in to the file with gig editor i noticed that all the sounds are divided by tipe of effect. Ex: For the violin ensamble, i have a sound for the arpeggios of all the notes of g major, a gig file for all the notes of Ab.. On each key [for g major g b d f# on 2 octaves circa] the relative arpeggio starting from that note. Can someone help me solving this problem? I would like to have more sounds in one file gig. How can i unite them?
Thanks, Oscar.
[Here there is a Screen Shot Image

varpa
User

Re: How to work with many gig files

Post by varpa » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:56 pm

Have you gotten Linuxsampler to work with just 1 gig file?, that is have you configured the audio/midi correctly with linuxsampler? I'm a linux user so I do not know the specific issues with Windows setup, but I wondered if you tried a simple setup first.

Also, out of curiosity, where did you get 112GB of orchestral sounds? Are there any of these for sale currently? Unfortunately, gigasamples are are rather scarce commodity these days.

The_Oscar

Post by The_Oscar » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:48 am

I've got Linux Sampler to get a program who permit me to use 112 gb of samples suddivided in over 380 gig files.
That' s the point.. The most of the gig files are just a small part of an instrument. I have a gig file for note somethig like. Ex: A gig file for all the notes of gmaj7 played by violins, a gig file for all the notes of gma7 played by oboes.. and so it goes for the most of 380 gig files.. How could I resolve this problem?
Thanks, Oscar

varpa
User

Post by varpa » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:31 pm

The OpenOctave people have a nice tutorial on Linuxsampler which might help you: https://github.com/ccherrett/oom/wiki/Linuxsampler

janflorijn
User

Post by janflorijn » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:32 am

You should create midi devices. Then you should assig this midi device to each instrument and choose a channel. Then create audio device. Assign this to each instrument.

Kind reagrds,

JanFlorijn