Bizarre issue - random WAV samples in valid SFZ not playing

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
isworks

Bizarre issue - random WAV samples in valid SFZ not playing

Post by isworks » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:56 pm

We recently created SFZ patches for our previously Kontakt-based instruments 'Shreddage' and 'Shreddage Bass' (www.shreddage.com). We tested the SFZs thoroughly in LinuxSampler 32/64 bit in multiple DAWs and on multiple computers, with no problems. However, one of our users has been experiencing a bizarre problem I'm unfamiliar with:

* DAW is FL Studio 10 and REAPER, OS is Win7 64bit, i5 processor, 8gb RAM
* This occurs with both 32 and 64bit versions of LS, as well as multiple version numbers which are tested to be working fine on MY system which is very close
* The SFZ patches load fine. I've watched him load them (via screenshare) multiple times. No errors
* The patches have a keyswitch, which he triggers properly
* Upon trying to play notes, the majority of samples do not play back. One patch (with very small release samples) does play back consistently, the rest do not
* We've verified the integrity of the WAV/SFZ files multiple times. He's tried dual booting with a completely fresh install of Windows 7 and got the same result

Now, the instrument is a little on the large side with around 1-1.5gb of WAV files being referenced, but he is the only user to have this problem so I don't think it's the patches or audio. It's also bizarre that the instrument isn't totally silent but SOME of the keys trigger audio (he mentioned that REAPER seems to have about ~50% playback while FL is much lower).

Any advice, thoughts or suggestions as to what could be the issue here would be much appreciated. I'm all out of ideas, as is the person who helped us create the SFZ patches to begin with. Thanks in advance!

varpa
User

Re: Bizarre issue - random WAV samples in valid SFZ not playing

Post by varpa » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:37 am

I can only give you very general advice, not being a LS developer, and because I use LS on linux. At any rate, is there any way capture some kind of console or other error messages on Windows? For example, in Fantasia there is a console window that can be opened to show diaganostic messages. I also know some SFZ playback bugs have been fixed in recent SVN versions, so it might help to compile the latest SVN version. Also, to get a better answers to questions I'd send a message to the linuxsampler developer's list.

isworks

Re: Bizarre issue - random WAV samples in valid SFZ not playing

Post by isworks » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:48 pm

Thanks for the pointers. I haven't emailed the devs yet, was hoping to get some more assistance here first. The poor guy has tried everything and still no luck. But perhaps we'll get somewhere with the console. He HAS tried recent versions too (as well as older ones).