Linux Sampler Starter Question

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
bob_e_s

Linux Sampler Starter Question

Post by bob_e_s » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Hi,

Newbie here, so far failing to get Fantasia running.

This sort of question has probably been asked before but I've looked through the forums and couldn't find anything.

I'm using Windows, and have installed the newest snapshot as per the quick start guide.
Following the running instructions, I strt up the backend which seems to work ok apart from a message in the command box saying something about LADSPA not being found.

When I then start the frontend (fantasia) I first get a windows message ("the application encountered a problem and had to close etc"), and then when I've closed this down an error box pops up in fantasia saying it could not connect to backend.

Any ideas what's gone wrong? Once I get the software running I'm happy to play around and work out how to use it myself (famous last words, I'll probably be back!), but at the moment I can't get started.

Cheers,

Rob

Andreas
Developer

Re: Linux Sampler Starter Question

Post by Andreas » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 pm

What's interesting is what is printed in the linuxsampler console window when fantasia fails. Any error messages there?