Could not launch an appropriate instrument editor

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Scary Hallo

Could not launch an appropriate instrument editor

Post by Scary Hallo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Hello,
just got my Linuxsampler running. I use:
gigedit 0.2.0 (self compiled)
linuxsampler 1.0.0 (self compiled)
qsampler 0.2.2 fron ubuntu respositories (Ubuntu Studio 10.4)
but when I press the edit button in qsampler, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Could not launch an appropriate instrument editor for the given instrument! Make sure you have an appropriate instrument editor like 'gigedit' installed and that it placed its mandatory DLL file into the sampler's plugin directory.
Any ideas?

nicop
User

Re: Could not launch an appropriate instrument editor

Post by nicop » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Hi, what kind of file are you trying to edit? Gigedit only works if you edit a .GIG file, it doesn't work with SFZ and SF2.

Scary Hallo

Post by Scary Hallo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:30 am

It is a gig-file (very simple, just one sample). I can edit it, when I stat gigedit manually. But not from inside qsampler.

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:28 am

If you start gigedit manually, it runs as stand-alone version, that is it wont interconnect with the sampler. If you start gigedit by LinuxSampler itself, e.g. by pressing the "Edit" button in either QSampler or Fantasia, LinuxSampler will spawn gigedit within the sampler's process and thus they can work on the same data at the same time, thus you can immediately play and hear with the sampler the changes you are currently editing with gigedit.

However for this to work, a special DLL file needs to be installed in LinuxSampler's own plugin directory. This should be done automatically when you install gigedit. Please read this for resolving this issue: http://download.linuxsampler.org/doc/gi ... ve_trouble