How to encrypt Gigafiles

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Pit-PB

How to encrypt Gigafiles

Post by Pit-PB » Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:39 pm

Hello,

i had been working for years with samples of organs.
Some years ago i sampled a wonderfull instrument which was destroyed and i want to bring out these samples as a library.
Because to get the rights for recording in the church and all the time and work with these samples i can't give this library for free. In other words, it has to be encrypted :-(

I know, that five-year-old-boys are able to hack their playstations in this days. And it is very clear to me, that if there is a way to crack the library some people make it a sport to do so.
But for all other customers who gets the library a better support and relaunched libraries could be worth to spend some thinking into this question.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Pit

P.S.: Nemesys/Tascam are no longer able to do this work. And history really shows why ... But i lost a tremendous work with one library due to the fact that a simple encryption had been missing. Only 16 hours later the whole 9 GB library could be found on the net for free. So this is my motivation for this "old-school-question" here...

varpa
User

Re: How to encrypt Gigafiles

Post by varpa » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:58 am

I could be wrong, but I am not aware that linuxsampler has any support for encrypted gigafiles so I do not see the point in encrypting your files. I suspect if you want an encrypted sample format you'll need to use something other than gigasampler format, e.g. kontakt so your samples would be of no use to linuxsampler users.