Consert setup

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
d_darkness

Consert setup

Post by d_darkness » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am

Hi all!

I want to use the linux sampler at live gigs with my band, and need to know what is the best way to do this. I have one set of sampless for each of the 7 songs we are playing. Should i make 7 gigasampler files, one for each song, and load up a new one to the frontend before each song, or is there another way to do it? (Loading all the 7 songs at ones, and easily switch between them?) It should be as easy as possible to change before each song, and the computer we are using isnt that powerfull, so it should'nt have to use to much memory.
I guess we will be using qsampler, if thats a bit faster than jsampler.

Any help appreciated :)

dahnielson

Re: Consert setup

Post by dahnielson » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 am

Export a LSCP script for each set up and just load it using netcat or something similar. No need for front-ends. :-)
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

d_darkness

Post by d_darkness » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:34 am

I forgot to say that the girl that is going to play and change the samples have never heard about linux, and dont know much about computers. so it must be something she can visually understand, like, pushing one butten or something.

Hm, im not really into linux either. dont know what netcat is?

sbenno
Developer

Post by sbenno » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:58 am

you can use the MIDI maps of LS and assign program changes to various samples which are loaded on demand.
That way you can control everything from a MIDI keyboard without the need of frontend and without using ecessive RAM.
Unfortunately I currently don't have time to explain you how to do it.
Perhaps someone could explain you who it works or if I find some time later I will try to describe it but perhaps you will
have figured out by yourself by then :)
BTW it would be cool if you could put online some audio and video recording of the concert to see LS live in action :)

DarkWolf

Post by DarkWolf » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:12 pm

sbenno wrote:you can use the MIDI maps of LS and assign program changes to various samples which are loaded on demand.
That way you can control everything from a MIDI keyboard without the need of frontend and without using ecessive RAM.
Unfortunately I currently don't have time to explain you how to do it.
Perhaps someone could explain you who it works or if I find some time later I will try to describe it but perhaps you will
have figured out by yourself by then :)
BTW it would be cool if you could put online some audio and video recording of the concert to see LS live in action :)
I'd be very interested in hearing how that's done!

We're going to tape the gig, so if it turns out good! :D
Nobody is perfect, but I'm pretty fucking close!