fatal when starting gigedit

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
Eddy G

fatal when starting gigedit

Post by Eddy G » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:16 am

Hi all,

I'm a newer than new newbee... and therefore have questions:

I'm on XP and try to get some sounds from sample's out of the speakers.
I tried so by:
- starting the ASIO4ALL driver.
- start the LS backend.

Then I think the quickest way to get sound (if, like with me, there is no MIDI input device) is to play notes on a virtual keyboard, via gigedit with some .gig file.

Now I get a fatal, when trying to start gigedit.exe
(Appname: gigeidt.exe AppVer: 0/0/0/0 ModName: gigedit.exe
ModVer 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000376e7)

Can anyone help me?

Regards, Eddy

Andreas
Developer

Re: fatal when starting gigedit

Post by Andreas » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:48 am

Maybe you have some other program installed that uses the GTK libraries (like GIMP for example)? Gigedit on windows needs version 2.10.11 of GTK, and I think it crashes if it finds other versions. Not sure.

By the way: the virtual keyboard in gigedit will not work when gigedit is started in stand-alone mode. You have to run it as a plugin in LinuxSampler, this is done by clicking the "edit" button in qsampler or jsampler.

Eddy G

Post by Eddy G » Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for answering.

I do have version 2.10.11 installed.
I'm not aware of running something else using GTK, as I installed it for this LS stuff..

I reinstalled everything, as instructed on http://www.linuxsampler.org/windows.html .
I did have the processor-problem requiring the 3 special binaries for LS. That does work.
Still gigedit fails... :(

Anymore suggestion?

Thanks and Regards,
Eddy

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Sat May 03, 2008 8:56 pm

So you mean gigedit crashes? Or LS doesnt create a sound when using gigedit virtual keyboard? Because you have to know, the precompiled Windows version is now already pretty old and support for playing with the virtual keyboard was implemented this year. So you would have to compile LS and co by yourself for now to enjoy those features on Windows for now.

Sorry, but I'm sure we'll release a new version for windows in a month or so as well.

Eddy G

Post by Eddy G » Mon May 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Hi cuse,

Yes. It crashes...
I'm eager to try that new Windows precomiled stuff!
Hope it will work then!

I could try to do compilation myself, but - to be honest - I don't know where to start...

Thanks for your info!

Regards,
Eddy

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Sat May 10, 2008 10:08 am

Yeah, then better wait until we have new Windows binaries. Because compiling all the LS stuff under Windows is much more complicated than on other operating systems. Even I had to spend quite some hours to be able to compile everything correctly under Windows. So it's not that easy.