voices played no sound heard

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.
jameswm

voices played no sound heard

Post by jameswm » Sat Mar 29, 2008 6:24 am

I have a working gigedit now (compiled w/o debian pkgs) and so set about creating a first instrument from scratch.
Eventually got something I could save.
Loaded the instrument into the linux sampler, using qsampler. Connected midi keyboard and audio channels via qjackctl.
Checked volumes.
The numbers show voices are playing (n of n) but I cannot hear anything.
I've been using Specimen before this. That and a TB tropez+ is about the limit of my experience with samplers.
Along this course it's crashed a few times, that is frozen and/or died.
Just wondered if there might be something I'm missing...

dahnielson

Re: voices played no sound heard

Post by dahnielson » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:10 pm

Can you make a minimal GIG file available affected by the same problem? It's easier to answer you question if we have something to look at ourselves.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

jameswm

Post by jameswm » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:22 am

Of course. Cheers,

http://www.jwm-art.net/ls_test.tar.bz2

(wav, gig, lscp)

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:07 am

Your provided WAVE will not play when imported as sample at my place either, so your setup is alright, but I have no problem adding and importing my own mono WAVE files as samples. The only difference being mine was 16- and 24-bit and yours 32-bit float, maybe that's the reason. Don't remember if Gigedit do any conversion to the supported bit depth upon import. Try convert your sample to 24-bit before adding it to the GIG.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

jameswm

Post by jameswm » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:57 pm

Thanks, that seems to be exactly it. I'm still having problems with usability though. Will try the Java frontend.

I really want to use linux sampler in my tracks. Specifically for creating percussion drum sets and percussion instruments from various recorded and processed sounds. It is much better featured than specimen, but on my machine atleast, specimen is rock solid, and this is nowhere near.

I might try and have a dig around in the gigedit code, the loop point sliders exhibit very odd behaviour for one (moving one changes range of other, and/or changes value of other). //edit: ah ha! loop start + loop size, not loop start + loop end

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:54 pm

Please open bug report(s) on our bug tracking system, it's a bit hard to keep track of reports on this forum:

https://bugs.linuxsampler.org