NEW YORK -- Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweathers

You're new to the LinuxSampler world? You don't know where to start and nothing works? Here's the place to ask for help.

NEW YORK -- Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweathers

Postby jokergreen0220 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:15 am

NEW YORK -- Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweathers two-game suspension from the NFL for multiple helmet-to-helmet hits was cut in half Wednesday on appeal. Meghan Klingenberg Jersey . Two days after Meriweather was told he would miss time for repeated violations of player safety rules, hearing officer Ted Cottrell reduced the punishment to one game. Cottrell was jointly appointed by the league and the players union. Meriweathers suspension by NFL vice-president of football operations Merton Hanks came for repeated hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players, including two in Washingtons 45-41 victory over the Chicago Bears on Sunday. Meriweather was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit when tackling receiver Alshon Jeffery on a 28-yard completion with about two minutes left in the third quarter. He also was penalized for a helmet-first hit on Brandon Marshall in the end zone on an incomplete pass with a little more than four minutes remaining in the game. "All of these officials, if theyre going to make a mistake, they want to protect the player, so if its anywhere close to being a helmet-to-helmet, they are throwing a 15-yard flag, and thats what theyre being told to do. If you get anywhere around that head, youve got a chance to hurt your football team," Washington coach Mike Shanahan said Wednesday in Ashburn, Va. "Were constantly emphasizing it, but its tough in the heat of battle for these guys. Youre very competitive. You want to get after them. Then all of a sudden, a guy might duck at the last second, and all of a sudden you have helmet-to-helmet, and they dont even look at intent." In Week 2, Meriweather was fined $42,000 for a helmet-first hit on Green Bay running back Eddie Lacy, forcing Lacy out of the game with a concussion. Later that same day, another helmet-first hit gave Meriweather himself a concussion, knocking him out of the game. Meriweather will lose about $70,000 in salary when he sits out Sundays game at the Denver Broncos. He is not allowed to participate in any football activities with the team during the suspension. "Its unfortunate that the league felt like it needed to suspend him," Redskins linebacker London Fletcher said. "If a receiver sees you and he ducks, sometimes youre going to hit the guy, and the intent was to not even hit the guy, so thats the tough position defenders are in. ... A lot of times you cant avoid the situation." The suspension could leave the Redskins without their two starting safeties when they face Peyton Manning and the Broncos. Strong safety Reed Doughty got a concussion when the Bears attempted an onside kick in the fourth quarter. Meriweather said after last weekends game that he thought both hits against the Bears were legal. He said hes tried to change his game to suit the NFLs tackling rules. "I wasnt trying to be dirty. I wasnt trying to hurt nobody," he said. "I didnt lead with my -- didnt launch with my -- head. I used my shoulder like they told me to do." Redskins cornerback Josh Wilson said Wednesday: "You just got to adjust. I feel like he is. Hes trying to be a better player. But sometimes its hard to lose that reputation in the end." Becky Sauerbrunn Jersey . Tony Parker had 33 points and nine assists and San Antonio never trailed in a resounding 116-92 victory over Portland, bullying the younger Trail Blazers in Game 1 of the Western Conference semifinals. Kelley OHara Jersey . Lexie Lou earned a commanding 4 1/2-length win Sunday in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks. http://www.uswntproshop.com/c-26-sydney-leroux-usa-jersey.aspx . LOUIS - Two-thirds of the St.Each week, well take a look at some top performers from the CFL, with an eye to looking ahead to some matchups that could be favourable for TSN Fantasy Football, CFL Edition, presented by Joseph Abboud. Here are some of the best from Week Three and players to watch for Week Four: TOP PERFORMERS Andrew Harris, RB, British Columbia (203 YDS, 1 TD, 23 touches at Saskatchewan) - 27-year-old Canadian runner had compiled 3341 yards and 22 touchdowns from scrimmage over the previous two seasons and he burst through with a monster game against the Roughriders last week. He currently ranks fourth in the league in rushing yards (201) and sixth in receiving yards (167). Adarius Bowman, WR, Edmonton (9 REC, 140 YDS, 3 TD vs. Ottawa) - For the second time in three weeks, Bowman has been the star receiver and hes second in the league in receiving yards, with 284, through three games. He had 697 receiving yards in nine games last season, so hes really just picking up where he left off. Troy Smith, QB, Montreal (18-for-32, 309 YDS, 3 TD, 1 INT vs. Winnipeg) - Following two shaky weeks, during which he passed for a total of 341 yards, Smith delivered a strong game in a one-point loss to the Blue Bombers. It was the second 300-yard passing game of Smiths career and the first in which he also threw for three touchdowns. PLAYERS TO WATCH IN WEEK FOUR Mike Reilly, QB, Edmontonn - Reilly is off to a very efficient start; not throwing for huge yardage, but someone has to get the ball to Bowman and even though last weeks 256 yards represented a season-high, he is now ranked third in the league with 738 passing yards and has thrown a league-leading seven touchdown passes. Tobin Heath Jersey. . Oh, he also gets a matchup against Winnipeg, which has allowed an average of 277.7 yards per game through the air. Brandon Whitaker, RB, Montreal - B.C. is allowing a league-high 131.7 rushing yards per game and Whitaker has rolled up 207 yards from scrimmage on 34 touches over the past two weeks. Hes the reliable option in the Montreal attack, so hell be important for their chances to earn a road win. Kierrie Johnson, WR, Ottawa - A fourth-year CFLer who played in Saskatchewan (for one game) and B.C. previously, Johnson is the Redblacks leading receiver to this point, with 104 yards in two games. This requires a bit of projection, given Ottawas meagre passing attack, but they do go up against Torontos league-worst pass defence and its a little more fun to pick Johnson as a player to watch as opposed to an Argos receiver going up against Ottawas second-worst pass defence. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
jokergreen0220

Return to Newbies & Support