The Snake Ranch

Everything and anything, but nothing about the LinuxSampler project.
dahnielson

The Snake Ranch

Post by dahnielson » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:03 pm

Hans Zimmer in the "control room" at The Snake Ranch.

I would really like to have a decent copy of that photo on my studio wall.

When tying to find out more about the studio (I'm guessing the picture above is from the London incarnation) I found this recent interview mentioning it:
Q: How do you know Richard?

HZ: We've been friends for a very long time. He and Nick Glennie-Smith used to be partners in a studio in London called The Snake Ranch, and they would give me free studio time when I was a starving musician. Richard had worked with Stanley Myers, and Harry and Rupert Gregson-Williams were both Richard's assistants, so there are many connections. Richard and I saw each other in London a year before The Da Vinci Code even started, and I told him, at the very least to come and play woodwinds, pan pipes, something on it… Actually, his credit for ancient instruments... you know what it is? A ukulele.

Q: How old is the ukulele?

HZ: I think he bought it last week!

Q: No! I mean as an instrument...

HZ: It doesn't matter! It's just that we couldn't write 'ukulele' on the CD. I don't think anyone's ever written a big piece for choir and ukulele, which is really what that one choir piece is. It's a little ostinato on the ukulele, and the choir does its thing!
:D
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

lowkey
User

Re: The Snake Ranch

Post by lowkey » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:31 pm

The electricity bill must have been sky high lol It'd make a cool poster though.