Converter giga to sfz ?

This forum section was originally created while we were discussing a new, additional engine and sampler format designed from scratch. In the meantime this resulted in our new SFZ2 engine, which is already implemented to a large extent. However this is still the right place for ideas, feature requests, drafts and plans for new engine / format concepts and ideas. We now have 3 sampler engines (Gig, SFZ2, SoundFont 2). Why not having more?
bodzio66

Converter giga to sfz ?

Post by bodzio66 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:21 am

As precisely as in the subject. LS is passing the format on sfz, and many a few banks collected the giga. It is simply a waste of time of money for paid converter for a few giga. All the more so because LS will do it in an optimal way for it engine. While sfz. I like this format. I wrote yesterday, that I had a problem in sorting samples. I set to work and I connected a few sfz text files into the one-off. And played!!!!!!
I am sitting on linux (ubuntu natty) and sfz are acting under LS only with banks ogg (without wav). I suppose it is under construction and therefore, but I am proposing the problem, because perhaps about it not yet it is known. Wav are acting for me from gig even 24-bit.
I thank
Bogdan