GIG modwheel attack behavior

You name it!
Bennett

GIG modwheel attack behavior

Post by Bennett » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:51 am

I have numerous GIG files that use the modwheel to change the attack parameter to simulate a softer attack on the instrument. The modwheel does affect other ASDR parameters such as release, but not the attack. I thought is perhaps a bug in the most recent 20130120 build that corrected my previously reported bug (THANK YOU yet again!) but I tested a couple random older builds and the behavior was the same.

Thoughts? Do you need audio samples?

Bennett

Re: GIG modwheel attack behavior

Post by Bennett » Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Here is an audio sample of the GS3 mod wheel affect on the attack of the sample.

https://soundcloud.com/bennett88/gs3-mod-attack

The first half is no mod wheel, the second half applies the mod wheel.

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes, it seems that the EG modulation fine tuning (that I did in 2005) isn't quite correct. When the initial attack = 0, the modulation doesn't have any effect. I need to do some measurements to try to figure out the right formula.

Bennett

Post by Bennett » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:40 pm

Andreas wrote:Yes, it seems that the EG modulation fine tuning (that I did in 2005) isn't quite correct. When the initial attack = 0, the modulation doesn't have any effect. I need to do some measurements to try to figure out the right formula.
Hello Andreas, thank you again for your support. Would you like to examine the GIG in question? Or do you want me to look at any parameters in the GIG file?

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:36 am

Bennett wrote:Would you like to examine the GIG in question? Or do you want me to look at any parameters in the GIG file?
Maybe that's not necessary. I've done some measurements now, and I fixed a case when modulation didn't work when attack or release is zero in the gig. Please test if the latest commit solves your problem.

Bennett

Post by Bennett » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:47 pm

The mod attack is fixed in the latest commit! The response is identical to GS3. Thank you Andreas!