Differences with LS in Reaper on OSX and Windows

You name it!
typewriter
Advanced User

Differences with LS in Reaper on OSX and Windows

Post by typewriter » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:21 pm

I have reported this before but it is still not working with the latest builds, so here again.

Try this:

Create a track template in Reaper consisting of

- 1 folder track
- 1 track with LS plugin
- 16 tracks with stereo out

and then create 16 channels in LS with Fantasia, route these to the 16 outs of the plugin and save the track template in Reaper.

Now insert such a template in Reaper on OSX. It is no problem to insert the tempale several times, i.e. to insert several instances of the plugin resulting in a high number of channels. I was able to insert 8 track templates on a Macbook Pro resulting in 128 channels.

On windows however (Win7 x64) I can't go further than 3 instances. With the forth instance Fantasia hangs and is not able to retrieve the LS channels.

It would be great if this could be fixed at some point.

---

Small update:

32 midi ports and 512 channels on OSX Snowleopard (2,6 ghz quadcore); 330 mb Ram usage and around 50% CPU use in Reaper. Try this with any other sampleplayer.

typewriter
Advanced User

Re: Differences with LS in Reaper on OSX and Windows

Post by typewriter » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:57 am

I tested LS64 again with Studio One 2 x64 for Windows.

Unfortunatly the same story:

I can insert only 2 VSTi instances (2 midi ports, 32 stereo out) in the DAW.

When I insert a third instance and add another 16 outs Fantasia hangs/crashes when updating the channels.

Strange:

When I insert a track tempale (in reaper) with 16 outs - and Fantasia is open - Fantasia updates the audio channels correctly - but not the midi ports.
This means I can easily insert 4 instances with 64 stereo out and all 64 channels appear in Fantasia but only a single midi port.
When I click the refresh button in Fantasia I get 4 midi ports but now Fantasia is not able to update the audio channels anymore and hangs.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:26 pm

I created a 8 instance 128 channel file in Reaper X64.

When I open it everything is fine, but Fantasia hangs when updatng the audio channels. midi ports are recogniced correctly as I already described in this post.

Here is the file:

http://hotfile.com/dl/134460313/03a596c ... s.RPP.html

I am the only one having these issues?

Any feedback from the developers?

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:08 am

This is a complete mistery to me...

Today I tried the latest build and I was thrilled that Fantasia on Win7 64 finally opened a Reaper track template with 4 instances and 64 channels.

However this lastet 1 time! My second try with 8 instances was a failure and since then I can't get the plugin to get the channels of more than 2 instances listed.

Is LS / Fantasia writing some "cache" file that pretends to start correktly after a crash?

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Now finally working on windows 7 64.

Running with 4 instances in Vienna Ensemble Pro 5. :)