ADSR Release Time is too long compared to original GIGSound!

You name it!
Octron
User

ADSR Release Time is too long compared to original GIGSound!

Post by Octron » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:14 am

Hi,
I found that in nearly any of my Gigastudio sounds (Gigasampler 2 and 3 Standards) the release time, the linuxsampler produces is much longer than the release time in native Gigastudio was. :(
This results to an unnatural sounding of nearly any acoustic sound sample.

Is there a possibility to get an automatic work around without need to edit the gig file?
The best way would be to change Linuxsamplers behaviour. Is this possible?

Best Regards, Markus
---------------
Windows XP SP2, 4GB (3,5GB) RAM, Phenom X4, Linuxsampler, Reaper, Sonar

Andreas
Developer

Re: ADSR Release Time is too long compared to original GIGSound!

Post by Andreas » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:38 pm

The Linuxsampler envelopes are supposed to be very close to the Gigastudio ones. Can you list the gig files you get the problem with? Or could you make a mini test gig file that shows the difference between LS and GS?

Octron
User

Post by Octron » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:27 pm

Hi,
I needed to shorten the release in

Gigapiano 1
Gigapiano 2
22 Horn ensemble - 4.gig 24bit instrument from the vienna giga symphony that comes beside the Tascam Gigastudio 3 (the version without dongle but with stupid challange response server that does not work since two years!!)

... only some examples I know for sure.

To get it clear, it is no problem to start the giga Editor that comes with Linuxsampler and mark all regions and adjust release rate but it would be better, when LS reads this already in right way.
Perhaps you should not correct the behavoiour but add a feature inside the "load Instrument" Window where in I can adjust some parameters that are known to be read wrong sometimes by LS.

Thanks very much to you and your Program! It is just genious!

Best Regards! Markus
---------------
Windows XP SP2, 4GB (3,5GB) RAM, Phenom X4, Linuxsampler, Reaper, Sonar

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:35 am

Sorry, I can't reproduce this. For me the release time seems identical between LS and GigaStudio. Here are two examples. Three notes with increasing velocity are played, first by GigaStudio Orchestra 3.21, then by LinuxSampler Windows 20110619.

First example is "22 Horn Ensemble - 4.gig", instrument "HORNS_sustain": http://download.linuxsampler.org/dev/persson/horns.wav.

Second is "GigaPiano-II.gig", instrument "GigaPianoII - RAW - no convolution": http://download.linuxsampler.org/dev/persson/piano.wav.