Salamander Grand Piano Relased

You name it!
rytmenpinne

Salamander Grand Piano Relased

Post by rytmenpinne » Fri May 14, 2010 2:33 pm

Here it is, Feel free to mirror

Edit: Hold it one second, There is an issue with sample F#2v11 (it contains footsepts and isn't supposed to be there)

Edit: The faulty sample has been replaced

http://freepats.zenvoid.org/Piano/Salam ... no.tar.bz2

Enjoy!
Last edited by rytmenpinne on Fri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alex

Re: Salamander Grand Piano Relased

Post by Alex » Sat May 15, 2010 7:27 am

Thanks very much for this.

Alex.

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Post by ggoodesa » Sun May 16, 2010 8:54 am

Thanks, I'll be downloading this tonight and will get to play it later in the week :)

GrahamG

Ghekorg7

Post by Ghekorg7 » Thu May 27, 2010 12:01 pm

Hi to all.

I downloaded ok about 1hour 50 min with (DAP), spent 15min to unzip, then I discovered(google search) this huge piano is for CVS. :cry: I'm a windows 7 64bit Linuxsampler proud user (from Dec2009), so there isn't other engine option than GiG.
I then try to open the SFZ bank with my rgc:audio sfz (as standalone - as VSTi inside REAPERx64 and VSTHost). Loads ok - NO SOUND...
The same with Shortsircuit .Then I started with the wav samples. I managed to open inside REAPER with shortsircuit , play and some samples from A2 to F3 are wrong (high freq like metalophone). This sfz bank caused my playersHosts and Reaper to CRASH.
So, I spent many hours, no resoult, no great piano. It seems I have to stay with Maestro.
Any sugestions ?

Panos 8-)

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Thu May 27, 2010 7:50 pm

Ghekorg7 wrote:Hi to all.

I downloaded ok about 1hour 50 min with (DAP), spent 15min to unzip, then I discovered(google search) this huge piano is for CVS. :cry: I'm a windows 7 64bit Linuxsampler proud user (from Dec2009), so there isn't other engine option than GiG.
I then try to open the SFZ bank with my rgc:audio sfz (as standalone - as VSTi inside REAPERx64 and VSTHost). Loads ok - NO SOUND...
The same with Shortsircuit .Then I started with the wav samples. I managed to open inside REAPER with shortsircuit , play and some samples from A2 to F3 are wrong (high freq like metalophone). This sfz bank caused my playersHosts and Reaper to CRASH.
So, I spent many hours, no resoult, no great piano. It seems I have to stay with Maestro.
Any sugestions ?

Panos 8-)
Hmm, sounds odd. Are you shure everything is connected as it should? cause when I load a very stripped down version in rgc:audio sfz player (hosted with dssi-vst) it works. Can you play the wav files in a player like vlc? maby there was some problem with the decompression or something.. or maby some resampling issues..

Ghekorg7

Post by Ghekorg7 » Thu May 27, 2010 10:12 pm

Hmm, sounds odd. Are you shure everything is connected as it should? cause when I load a very stripped down version in rgc:audio sfz player (hosted with dssi-vst) it works. Can you play the wav files in a player like vlc? maby there was some problem with the decompression or something.. or maby some resampling issues..[/quote]

I 've got many SFZ banks or single presets from different editions and all load ok in sfz and in shortsircuit. I checked that after salamander didn't sound. So his shows all connections are ok. Now I;ll have to check the wav samples one by one again in my other VSTi samplers to see what's goin' on with this middle piano area (A2~C3~F3) but tomorow 'cause I spent all afternoon recording some guitars with Linuxsampler along with EWQL SO, Kontakt 4 and some other VSTi s inside REAPER :lol: I 'll try to post my resoults tomorow.

Many thanks for reply !!
Panos 8-)

rytmenpinne

Post by rytmenpinne » Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Ghekorg7 wrote:Hmm, sounds odd. Are you shure everything is connected as it should? cause when I load a very stripped down version in rgc:audio sfz player (hosted with dssi-vst) it works. Can you play the wav files in a player like vlc? maby there was some problem with the decompression or something.. or maby some resampling issues..

I 've got many SFZ banks or single presets from different editions and all load ok in sfz and in shortsircuit. I checked that after salamander didn't sound. So his shows all connections are ok. Now I;ll have to check the wav samples one by one again in my other VSTi samplers to see what's goin' on with this middle piano area (A2~C3~F3) but tomorow 'cause I spent all afternoon recording some guitars with Linuxsampler along with EWQL SO, Kontakt 4 and some other VSTi s inside REAPER :lol: I 'll try to post my resoults tomorow.

Many thanks for reply !!
Panos 8-)[/quote]

How much ram do you got? there might be reason to set sfz player to DFD(direct from disk) as it's quite a large library. Also, do you have a multicore cpu? I read somewhere that the sfz player have to be patched else it's very unstable(with multi core cpu's).

I tried shortcircuit with dssi-vst. I experienced the same problems you described.

Ghekorg7

Post by Ghekorg7 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Hi again !

Sorry I forgot to indicate my system in full.
So : Acer Aspire 5738ZG laptop - Windows 7 64bit - Intel pendium Dual core fast T4400 2.2Ghz - 800Mhz FSB - 4GB ram - 320GB HDD - ATI Radeon HD4570 graphics 512MB - Realtek soundcard with Asio4ALL driver (No external yet...). Also Jack portaudio connection kit 1.9.5, which doesn't sadly work with 64bit windows, so I cannot use it with my Linux Sampler (witch works perfectly inside my Reaper x64 with it's 64.dll - thanks for that developers !)

So no problem for loading 1.9GB, loads ok.
Salamander is the only SFZbank that doesn't sound with sfz player. I saw the discussion in KVR some two years back about dual cores , but I have no problem. It works perfect, even better with sfz buddy(editor-controler).
This is realy odd as you say.

A soloution is to translate to Gig format, as I did many times with other banks just to enrich my linuxsampler with more good sounds - sf2/NIk/wav/Motif ES/Akai -, but my translator free doesn't exist anymore, Chiken send me a message that since I didn't buy the damn thing ($195 !) so they didn't want me to use it anymore, so they locked it (as you may know translator free wants constant connection with chicken systems to work and even if they tell you to wait for 6 hours to do the next tranlation, this is a lie, I waited many times about12 to 18 hours to get an instrument for my linux... :evil: ) and I get rid of it.
Is there any other free translator ?
Is it posible to convert Salamander to GIG ?

I still oaw you my test of wav samples (I have Winamp,vlc,WMP,digital Jack), I delayed cause I try to make an order of some Motif made samples (wav) I did some time back and send them to Jon Griffin (he'll convert them to Gig), so anyone can use them If he likes :)
We talk again
Panos
8-)

Ghekorg7

Post by Ghekorg7 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:12 am

Hi again, all Salamander waves tested. ALL OK - sound very good.

sfz player loads Salamander direct from disk (dfd) after 6 minutes(!!) in my system, NO SOUND.
Loaded (in secs) the GSCW(sfz) excellent drums and all played great. Salamander still remains the only sfz bank with no sound at all....

:idea: I did a translation to GIG format using the demo version of Extreme Sample Converter 3 (ESC) and the result is great.
I loaded the new "Salamander Grand Piano.gig" bank in linuxsampler in just a couple seconds (from 0%~100%). :!:
PLAYS & SOUNDS GREAT :!: :!: (with the small hiss 'n huss of ESC demo limitation - full version coasts 75euros).

So, for me the problem has a solution :D . Gig translation (best, cause all my linuxsampler libraries are .gig), but not a free one 'cause I'll have to buy ESC.... :?: :|

The question for sfz remains though :?:

Panos 8-)

ggoodesa
Advanced User

Post by ggoodesa » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:11 am

Hi Guys,

I have downloaded the Salamander Grand but have not had time to try it out yet... but I wondered if there would be an interim 'test' release of the latest CVS of LinuxSampler for Windows available soon? Does anyone have a build that they are willing to share so that we could use our favorite sampler engine to play this great sample set? I'm not going to have the time to do a CVS build myself (there are just too many 'urgent' things on my list of things to do...), but if no-one else can give us a build I will attempt something closer to the end of the month (June)...

GrahamG
Johannesburg, South Africa