How can I contribute to the linuxSampler development

You name it!
keyman_sam

How can I contribute to the linuxSampler development

Post by keyman_sam » Sat May 16, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm a beginner C++/Java programmer with a EE background. atmost i've programmed around 1000-2000 lines of code. I want to help you guys in some manner. Please let me know how this is possible. i.e. assign to me some task which I can learn and program...

obviously i use linuxSampler as well, so i love it. :D

cuse
Developer

Re: How can I contribute to the linuxSampler development

Post by cuse » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 am

We really appreciate that! Well, there are endless things to do. The question is more what your interests are. For example, are you more interested in working on the sampler backend, or on the instrument editor, on one of the frontends, etc ... Of course we'll take you by the hand to get used to the code and everything.

keyman_sam

Post by keyman_sam » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:42 am

I'd be interested in working on the front end first. Please guide me to any resources, what I need to download to get started, what needs to be done, any C++ programming resources (i have a few books as well), some code examples, etc.,

Thank you very much! I'm very excited!!! 8-)

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:33 am

Which one? JSampler (a.k.a. "Fantasia") or QSampler? JSampler is as you might know our full fledged Java based frontend, and QSampler is our light weight frontend written in C++.

keyman_sam

Post by keyman_sam » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:49 pm

JSampler. I'm more comfortable with Java and have been programming in java since high school.

mirnander

Post by mirnander » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:12 am

I know absolutely zilch about programming and I don't know if you are familiar with Linux, but I do know that many an Ubuntu user would loooooooove you if you could build them a .deb package that works. If you are familiar with Debian installers at all, or if you think you can figure it out, we would be very happy.

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:50 pm

keyman_sam wrote:JSampler. I'm more comfortable with Java and have been programming in java since high school.
You might want to contact Grigor. I'm sure he'd appreciate a helping hand on JSampler / Fantasia.