Progress so far.

You name it!
Alex

Progress so far.

Post by Alex » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:48 pm

In my eternal search for a 'one box solution', I've continuedto tweak and refine the system, with the latest up dates from Jackdmp, wineasio, and alsa, proving to be hihgly useful towards this goal. I only await 62bit Wine to rebuild a purely 64bit system, and take advantage of the opportunities that 64 bit offers in resource use.

However, at this stage in 32bit Ubuntustudio, running through Wine into Reaper (which is already 64bit), i've been busy building up an orchestral template, and fine tuning to enable me to port the two together without any juggling, or shared resource.

Here's the wonderful Linuxsampler, showing just how powerful it can be, with two 32 stereo channel audio devices, and 24 midi ports, each with 16 channels.

Personally, i think this is outstanding, and completely removed from former trials and many tribulations with gigastudio.

Rock on, the Linuxsampler team!

Alex.

lowkey
User

Re: Progress so far.

Post by lowkey » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:09 pm

You've built a monster there Alex :D

This might be useful for you when you update to 64bit so you wouldn't have to start from scratch again...

http://aptoncd.sourceforge.net/index.html

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Hehe, Lowkey, thanks for the link!

I'm not sure about a monster, but after years of juggling VST's, it feels great to get back to the digital equivalent of a 4 track, and enjoy myself in a simpler workflow, once again!

Alex.

:mrgreen:

lowkey
User

Post by lowkey » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:22 am

I know what you mean Mate 8-)

Composing is going to be fun again :D