my notebook computer with 16 GB of RAM, a Core i5 CPU and a SSD works fine with Xubuntu 12.04 and several more modern kernels. I have no JACK-problems. Every 10-30 seconds the beginning of a note played with Linuxsampler (sfz-engine) has a nasty click noise. I tried:
- Qtractor and linuxsampler-lv2
- Rosegarden and linuxsampler-dssi
- Rosegarden and linuxsampler standalone
- Running JACK with the dummy driver
- Disabling intel-pstate governor
- Changing computer - no luck. Happens on my Core i5 notebook and desktop
- Changing soundcard - no luck. Onboard sound, Behringer 202, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
The click can be recorded with Audacity, with a JACK-connection from Qtractor/Rosegarden/linuxsampler to Audacity. It looks like a little DC-offset, maybe a negative one in the beginning of the played note. I made screenshots.
A bad note and a good note: http://www.marzen.de/tmp/click.jpg
Another bad note with the visible DC-offset: http://www.marzen.de/tmp/click2.jpg
Any ideas how to get rid of the click?