LinuxSampler AU plugin

You name it!
typewriter
Advanced User

Re: LinuxSampler AU plugin

Post by typewriter » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:44 am

grishata wrote:The number of audio devices is increased when creating new (software instrument) track in the host app and assigning LS AU to it.
Okay. I tried this out with Reaper. Inserting more than 13 LS instrument tracks crashes Reaper. Logic 9 is out of memory after inserting 5 LS AU instrument tracks. I guess in both cases it was the 32bit AU version.

The 64bit version works better. In Vienna Ensemble Pro 64bit I was able to insert 32 LS AU instrument (stereo) tracks ! I stopped there, but I think there are even more channels possible. This is really impressive.

With every instrument track a new stereo audio interface is generated. Wouldn't it make more sense to only add two more stereo channels as additional outs to the first generated audio device and use the "cr"-Button in Fantasia for routing? In my example I ended up with 32 single stereo audio devices.

I don't understand the midi routing so far. With every instrument track not only a new stereo audio interface is generated but also a new midi port. At some point - with 32 midi ports - this gets really confusing - Actually I wasn't able to send midi to the right LS slot - i.e. I didn't hear anything.

Another problem was that LS AU unloads the samples as soon as I connect the the Vienna Ensemble Pro 64bit Server with the LS instances with the Vienna Ensemble Pro plugin on the other Machine via Lan. It semms like the AU does a reset.

typewriter
Advanced User

Re: LinuxSampler AU plugin

Post by typewriter » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:02 am

Is the AU plugin still alive? I still have issues with the vienna ensemble host. LS AU will unload any sample as soon as you connect VePro to your main host. The 64bit version allows to insert a buge ammount of instances - I stopped at 50 (!) - with a low memory footprint, but I have absolute no sound, even with VePro latest Beta. I didn't try Logic yet since I am not on Snow Leopard. Within NI's Kore - one way to get LS into Protools - Fantasia cannot connect to the LS backend.