LinuxSampler VSTi plugin

You name it!
dahnielson

Re: VSTi status

Post by dahnielson » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:00 pm

grishata wrote:
dahnielson wrote:But Qtractor still locks up in some cases. E.g. after trying to remove a plugin instance.
This could be due to bug #120. You can try the patch I proposed there.
Nope, Qtractor still freezes when exiting after removing the LS plugin instance.
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:47 pm

dahnielson wrote:Nope, Qtractor still freezes when exiting after removing the LS plugin instance.
I've been working on this (case 2) today. The reason the process hangs is that the InstrumentManagerThread refuses to die. The destructor of the static instance of it is run when QTractor unloads the LS library. The destructor calls pthread_cancel, but the thread seems to ignore it. I don't understand why.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Andreas wrote: It is also possible to add extra instances of the VST in the sequencer (to get more than 16 midi channels for example), but every instance will use it's own disk buffers, so it should not be used just to play more than one gig instrument.
Does that mean only 1 sound/articulation per instance? I hoped we could use one instance in a Reaper track and use its 16 Midi-channels for 16 different gig-sounds/articulation which would be perfect for scoring.

Will there be a Windows beta, too?

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:45 am

typewriter wrote:
Andreas wrote: It is also possible to add extra instances of the VST in the sequencer (to get more than 16 midi channels for example), but every instance will use it's own disk buffers, so it should not be used just to play more than one gig instrument.
Does that mean only 1 sound/articulation per instance?
No! I meant just the opposite. One VSTi instance may have many channels. These channels can all be loaded with different sounds, and they can be configured to listen to different MIDI channels. (By "it should not be used..." above I meant "adding extra instances should not be used...".)
typewriter wrote:I hoped we could use one instance in a Reaper track and use its 16 Midi-channels for 16 different gig-sounds/articulation which would be perfect for scoring.
Yes, that works.

dahnielson

Post by dahnielson » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:31 am

Is there a Windows (32-bit) binary of the VSTi plugin for people to download and try out?
Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, Linuxsampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, Axiom 61, Korg D12, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland R-5, Roland HP 1300e, Zoom RFX-1000, 4GB RAM x86_64 Intel Pentium Dual 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:40 pm

Andreas wrote:
dahnielson wrote:Nope, Qtractor still freezes when exiting after removing the LS plugin instance.
I've been working on this (case 2) today. The reason the process hangs is that the InstrumentManagerThread refuses to die. The destructor of the static instance of it is run when QTractor unloads the LS library. The destructor calls pthread_cancel, but the thread seems to ignore it. I don't understand why.
It just seems to be that way: it's too late to use pthread_cancel during lib unloading time. I just committed a fix for this.

Andreas
Developer

Post by Andreas » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:43 pm

dahnielson wrote:Is there a Windows (32-bit) binary of the VSTi plugin for people to download and try out?
No, I don't think so.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Did somebody compile the win vst and can share it for testing?

I read the instructions for buliding it but frankly I don't understand everything.

Will it be a problem to offer the vsti as a download because of copyright issues with Steinberg?

There are so many shareware or even free VST plugins available that I can't think they are very restrictive.

cuse
Developer

Post by cuse » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:06 pm

I think we're finally ready to roll out a new official release of the LinuxSampler family in the next weeks. We hunted all release critical bugs down now. The only missing things are two ASIO bugs then we can finally throw a new release out and with it a new Windows installer (including LS VST) of course.

typewriter
Advanced User

Post by typewriter » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:51 pm

cuse wrote:I think we're finally ready to roll out a new official release of the LinuxSampler family in the next weeks. We hunted all release critical bugs down now. The only missing things are two ASIO bugs then we can finally throw a new release out and with it a new Windows installer (including LS VST) of course.
:)

Will LS VST be 32bit or will there also be a 64bit version?